A super-easy, flavorful one pot dish.
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 links sausage (your choice – I used 2 spicy Italian and 2 mild Italian)
- 32 oz. container of chicken broth
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 14 oz. cans cannellini beans
- 1 bunch kale
- parmesan cheese
1) Chop onion and saute in a Dutch Oven or large pan in some olive oil. Add minced garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
2) Remove sausage from casings and add the meat to the pan. Break up (I use my wooden spoon) and cook until brown (or until sausage no longer looks raw).
3) Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Bring to boil.
4) While sausage is cooking and mixture is coming to a boil, drain and rinse the cannellini beans and take the hard stems out of the kale and roughly chop.
5) Add beans and kale to pot, cover, simmer for about 5-10 minutes. During this time, I made some garlic bread to serve as a side dish. Because if there’s garlic bread, then nobody’s complaining about dinner.
6) Serve. Grate parmesan cheese onto individual servings.