Super-easy version of an Indian dish.
Chicken Korma (adapted from Relish)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 T. butter
- 1 onion
- small carton of plain yogurt
- 3 T. mango chutney
- 2 t. garlic
- 2 t. turmeric
- 1 t. chili powder
- 2 t. garam masala
- 1 t. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sliced almonds
- basmati rice
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Get your basmati rice cooking.
3) Mise en place. Combine spices. Chop onion. Cut chicken breasts into small pieces.
4) In a skillet that can go into the oven, saute the onion in the olive oil and butter.
5) Add spices and cook for a minute or two. Turn off heat and add yogurt.
6) Add chicken and stir to make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated.
7) Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
8) Serve over rice with almonds sprinkled on top. (As you can see from the picture, I forgot the almonds. Was still good.)