You must try making this. It’s the easiest recipe in the world, yet healthy and delicious. The perfect weeknight meal.
- salmon fillets (I bought 4 small fillets for my family of 4)
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon
- fresh dill (recipe calls for 1 T; I used more)
- salt and pepper
1) Start your side dish. The salmon cooks pretty quickly. I can sometimes be side-dish challenged, so I think I made white rice every night this week, the only variation being jasmine or basmati. A veggie might be nice.
2) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3) Line a baking sheet with foil. The Good Enough Gourmet (and her dishwashing husband) loves Release nonstick foil. Place the salmon on the foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4) Roast the salmon for 15 minutes. (See comment below: if you’re using one large salmon fillet instead of several smaller ones, roast for 20 minutes.)
5) While the salmon is roasting, make the sauce. Combine the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, dill, and salt and pepper. (See comment below. This sauce is tangy! I love tangy. If you or your kids don’t love tangy, add a small dollop of honey to counterbalance. But taste the sauce first before adding the honey.)
Serve the salmon with the sauce on top or on the side.