One thing that love about summer is that you can get away with making salad for dinner. No cooking involved. This salad is refreshing, and you can customize it however you’d like. Here’s how I did it.
- red, yellow, or orange pepper
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- feta (or Mexican cheese like queso fresco would be good with the corn and beans)
- scallions or chives
- sunflower seeds
- olive oil
- chile powder, cumin, cayenne, and/or sumac (I used 1/8 t. of each)
1) Slice the cucumber, carrot, radishes, and celery and cut the pepper into bite-sized pieces.
2) Drain the corn, and rinse and drain the beans, and add to the vegetables.
3) Slice the green onion and chop the mint and add to salad.
4) Cube the feta, and add the cheese and sunflower seeds to salad.
5) Make the dressing: combine juice of one lime, 2 T. olive oil, 1/4 t. salt, and the spices. Whisk well and add to salad. Toss and enjoy.