Everything good on one plate. Creamy avocado, crispy salty bacon, hard-boiled egg, and how to describe the unique flavor of blue cheese? Since so little is needed, I splurge on a tiny wedge of a really good blue cheese. Here’s the “recipe:”
- 1 head lettuce
- 3 strips of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 lb. thickly sliced (2 thick slices) roasted chicken from deli counter
- 1 avocado
- 1 small wedge of blue cheese
1) Hard boil the eggs.
2) Fry the bacon strips until crispy. Let drain on paper towels.
3) Rip lettuce into bite-sized pieces and put at bottom of bowl.
4) Cut up all other ingredients and arrange how you’d like. Note that composed salads like this are perfect for parents of picky eaters – it’s easy to avoid hated ingredients.
5) Make the vinaigrette, or (gulp) use a bottled dressing. I let everyone take their serving and dress their own. However, you may want to have everyone ooh and aah at the loveliness, then add the dressing and toss. It might be a little easier that way, and you don’t run the risk of someone taking all the avocado or all the bacon.