This is your go-to recipe when you really don’t feel like cooking. It’s ridiculously easy, and pretty tasty, especially for the minimal effort you put in.
- spaghetti (1 16 oz. package)
- olive oil
- 2 large onions
- a couple large handfuls or 1 bag spinach (or you can use frozen)
- balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese
1) Slice the onions. See how great this recipe is already? I love when I can slice, rather than chop, onions.
2) Add olive oil to skillet and add the onions. Cook on low-ish heat, stirring from time to time, for about 30 minutes, until the onions turn soft and brown. When the onions finish cooking, add a splash of balsamic vinegar and stir through.
3) While the onions are cooking, boil the water for the pasta and cook, trying to time it so the pasta and onions are done at the same time.
4) In the last minute of cooking the pasta, add the spinach. As soon as it’s wilted, drain the pasta and spinach and add to the onions. Add a little olive oil to moisten and stir all together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Serve, and add parmesan cheese to individual servings.