This recipe is for my daughter. She’s away at college and asked me for my brownie recipe so I thought I’d share it with everyone at once.
Fudgy Brownies, adapted from Everyday Food
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted butter
- 8 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate (I use chocolate chips)
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 t. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1 c. walnuts or pecans (optional. Yes, I remember you don’t like nuts in your brownies!)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line an 8×8 pan with foil. The original recipe says to butter the foil but I use Reynolds’ nonstick foil, which is the greatest thing on earth. (No, they’re not paying me, although they should!)
3. Put butter and chocolate in a bowl and microwave on low power for a few minutes until melted.
4. In the bowl with the melted butter and chocolate, stir in the sugar and salt, then add the eggs. Gently mix in the flour and stir until smooth, but don’t overmix. Stir in the nuts if using.
5. Spread the batter in the pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. If you test for doneness with a toothpick, moist crumbs should stick to the toothpick.
6. Let cool completely in pan. Remove foil and cut into pieces.