This recipe has been making the internet rounds. And for good reason. I love making this pasta because it is SO EASY. And good. This is my go-to recipe when I don’t feel like cooking.
Magic Pasta, adapted from everywhere on the web
- 12 oz pasta (the pasta pictured below comes in 12 oz. bag if you’re a Trader Joe’s shopper)
- one package of cherry or grape tomatoes
- one onion
- a few cloves garlic
- red pepper flakes
- a few sprigs of fresh basil or dried herbs of your choice (I use Italian herb mix)
- 2-3 T. olive oil (otherwise known as a glug or two)
- salt and pepper
- 4 1/2 c. water
- Parmesan cheese
1) Put the dried pasta in a large pan. Just do it. This is magic pasta, remember?
2) Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the pan. Slice the onion (that’s right, no chopping, just slicing!) and add to the pan. Chop or press the garlic and add to pan.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese.
4) Bring to boil, and boil for 9 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) That’s it. Really, that’s it. The water gets mostly absorbed and turns nicely saucy, especially when you add Parmesan cheese. (Add the cheese to individual servings. No sense in getting the pan gummy.)