It’s soup weather. Here’s a hearty one. It’s so thick and hearty that I want to call it a potage, but that would be pretentious, right? This recipe makes a large batch.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 T. fresh thyme
- 1 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. ground ginger
- 1/8-1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. peanut butter (I prefer crunchy because I like the texture in the soup)
1) Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into small pieces. Slice the zucchini.
2) Chop the onion and garlic. Heat some olive oil in a stock pot or Dutch oven and cook the onions and garlic until softened.
3) Add all the other ingredients except the peanut butter. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer; simmer for 25 minutes.
4) With an immersion blender (or regular blender), puree the soup. I like to mostly puree it but leave a few chunks for texture.
5) Stir in the peanut butter. Taste and add salt if needed.